The subject matter sometimes isn't very clear, as he has a million aspects going on within one photo, which all stand out in their own way, so I tend to go by size proportion. His images tend to be based around a person, but the images has a whole look like a dream.
The images of people tend to be side views, which I think allows other shapes and objects to stand out and be highlighted. The photo has been framed with quite a close up view, with parts of the image coming off the edges, and the whole image taking up the whole page. There is a definite theme throughout his work, and each piece is highly recogniseable e.g. The use of his layering and the particular images he uses such as nature and people allow his work to have its own style.
His use of colour really allows his artwork to become their own, with constraining colours, but also harmonious and complimentary colours wich furthers his experiments with advertising. I think the way he uses size to create his focal points are really effective, as he knows what he wants the viewer to see, and he is successful in doing so.
The viewers attention is straight away pulled to the person in the picture, however the use of the other images gives the person more depth and meaning. I feel his images are also very much a fantasy, something like a dream or his imagination from a book he has read.
In terms of an audience for his work, again those who are interested in fantasy and mystical interests would love his work, I believe they would work well in young children's book as they can be adapted to suit a story. I would like to try his style of work as I feel it would fit well with both handmade and digital, even both together.
No comments:
Post a Comment